Thursday, December 6, 2007

Cookie Roundup



To start at the beginning of the Cookie Round up click here .
This was my favorite of the cookies my mom made when I was growing up.

Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Preheat oven to 350

Ingrediants:

2/3 cup flour

1/3 cup cocoa

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 cup butter(1 stick)

1 1/4 cup sugar

1/2 cup evaporated milk

1 tsp Vanilla

2 1/2 cup rolled oats
Sift together flour, cocoa, and baking powder. In a separate bowl cream butter and sugar then add evaporated milk and vanilla. Add dry ingrediants a little at time. Blend in rolled oats. Drop by the spoonful on to an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes.

Next recipe: CLICK HERE


I'm also posting my fudge recipe. I tried several different ones until I settled on this one and I have been making this fudge every Christmas for about 20yrs.


Marshmellow Fudge
2 1/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)

3/4 cup evaporated milk

5 oz mini marshmellows

6 oz semi sweet choc chips(1/2 12oz bag)

1 tsp vanilla (try different extracts-I like to use almond)
In a large saucepan mix sugar, butter,evap milk, and marshmellow. Bring to a boil over med heat. Boil for a TIMED 5 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add chocolate and vanilla. Stir to blend. Pour into a greased 9" x 9" pan. Chill then cut into squares.

One of the photos is of the cardboard fireplace that we hung our stockings on when I was a kid. The other is my dad opening a Christmas present as my mom and brother look on.

No comments: