Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Playing around....



I have to blame my flickr friends for getting me hooked on dolls. I have to admit I am having more fun with them than I had as a child. First I purchased a Blythe doll. You can find out more about them here .I recently sent her off for a "face-up". A customizer takes apart the head, sands the face, and gives her new make-up. Her eye mechanism(pull a string to change eye color) is also redone. My Blythe's name is Shannon and I am having a ball making clothes for her. You can see more photos of other Blythes by searching Blythe on flickr or find out more on the forum Plastic Paradise.
I also started picking up Strawberry Shortcake dolls at yard sales. There are some cute pictures of other "cakes" on flickr. Some are also customizing them. I am going to try to reroot hair on one using mohair.
I did get some work done today. I have been going back and forth between the office/craft room and the critter room. I am working on making labels using ribbon and iron on transfer paper. I have also gone through some of my fur stash. I will be listing some mohair pieces in Nancy's Notions etsy shop very soon. I also listed the Beary Cocktails in my artfire shop for a special price.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I have Asian Ball Jointed Dolls... I feel your pain! lol, they're so addicting, especially when you get into the clothing and faceups!

Bearly Sane said...

Cute Nancy...but I still prefer bears to dolls, sorry kiddo.
Hugs,
Sandi

Unknown said...

Nancy...oh what fun to see your blog. I feature Dolly Mama Mondays on my blog, Once Upon a Fairyland. You may enjoy peeking. I just bought a Strawberry Shortcake color book. Why? Because I'm going to color when I get old and wear purple! Tee hee, I'm a new friend of Sandi's.

vivian said...

hi nancy! why dont I have your blog listed on mine??? well, it is now!
and yes, I would love for you to make me a banner for my etsy!
HUGs!!!
vivian