Thursday, February 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Lucy!

Lu<a href=
Lucy is 17 years old today. I remember the day she was born. I was a Dachshund breeder at the time and it was her mom's first litter. I had already decided if she had a chocolate female I was keeping her. Lucy's mom was a silver dapple and her dad a chocolate. I was kinda into the genetics of color breeding at the time. Even before she opened her eyes Lucy would roll over to get her tummy rubbed. She was registered as "Luscious Godiva" but she was never bred. Lucy was a great hunter in her day. Once a rat decided it was going to set up house in our garage. We tried several things to get rid of it but failed. Once Lucy got the scent of it she was relentless and ended up doing it in. She has always been very demanding and still lets me know when she wants something. Her bed is right next to mine and she will wake me up in the middle of the night so I can cover her up. Although, now mostly blind and deaf, she is still very spry. She likes to stay near me and will bark as if to say "Where are you?" when she can't locate me. She loves to explore the back yard...that nose still works like a charm. So....Happy Birthday to my Lucy and many more!


Happy Birthday Lucy!

1 comment:

The House Of Genista said...

Happy Birthday Lucy! May you have many more to come.
Hugs
Hillary