Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Lexi


My sweet Lexi girl turns 15 today. I have had her since the day she was born. I was a Dachshund breeder at the time and I got the pick of the litter. In some ways it seems like yesterday but sometimes it feels like long ago. She is sweet, comical and totally food driven. For the last 3 years she has been on medication for an enlarged heart. So I count each day with her as special. Lexi seems to sleep more these days but is always awake at meal time. Lettuce is one of her favorites and she stays right under Bill's feet while he makes a salad. She has put up with me as I made her wear ridiculous hats and outfits. The only time she wants to be a lap dog is during a thunderstorm. I just hope she is around for many more birthdays.

1 comment:

The House Of Genista said...

I am a bit late but I hope Lexi had a lovely birthday and has many more yet to come. What a lovely sweet little dog!
Hugs
Hillary