Tuesday, July 10, 2012
When we bought our home a year and a half ago things were financially tight(still are). I used everything I could from the previous home and bought very little new. Curtains, area rugs, wall art were moved to the new home. We even transfered a ceiling fan. The windows in this home are an unusual width - 52 inches. It is not impossible to find blinds in that width but they tend to be very expensive. The windows in the two back bedrooms had wood roll up shades. The problem was they face the east and the morning sun was heating up the rooms. Also they didn't provide much privacy and you could see the neighbors windows. After researching online and discovering that liners are also expensive I decided to make liners myself. Using my 40% off coupon at Hancock fabric I purchased drapery liner for less than $15. It's 54 inches wide and that made it very easy to make the liners. It took less than an hour to cut, stitch and then staple to the wood header on the shade.
Now, that boring job is done I can get back to some creative sewing.
I can hardly wait til Friday, when I can show the critters that I will have for adoption at the Teddies Worldwide show. Make sure you check out the preview and vote for your favorite before Thursday!