Thursday, August 16, 2007

Home again




We hit the road on the 8th and headed north. It was a whirlwind trip to visit friends and family in Virginia. Bill, Lexi, and I arrived in Fredericksburg Thursday afternoon. After a short visit with a Anita Walton, a veterinarian, I used to work for- we headed for our friends place. We stayed with Sheryl and Jim McGehee for two nights. They have a very nice townhouse on the southern end of Fredericksburg. We hadn't been there in 6 yrs and the area has grown tremendously. We had a too short visit with my sister and her kids in Culpeper, which has also grown. My neices and nephew have grown too as I had not seen them in 6 yrs and they are now 14, 16, and 18. Dinner with more old friends Friday night.

Saturday morning a nice detour to Washington, DC and the Doll & Bear Expo. I wish I had more time to look around but I am glad I at least got to meet Lisa of Twin Cubs.

We left Washington(OH! The traffic) and headed SW to the mountains. Bill's sister has a home on Smith Mountain Lake. There is a view of the lake from every room in the house. 1 1/2 days relaxing on the lake.

On the road Monday morning and home to Florida by 10:30PM Monday night. WHEW!

No comments: