Friday, January 16, 2009

Keeping warm...


I know I shouldn't complain, even though temps are below normal here in Florida, others are trying to survive record lows. They say after you have lived in a warmer climate for awhile your blood thins. Whatever it is, I know I couldn't take a colder climate. Today it is in the upper 50's here and I am bundled up with a blanket over me while I sew. Since I don't drink coffee, hot cocoa is my drink of choice.
Yesterday was spent cleaning Bill's computer. It's my old one and he mainly plays games on it. The fan was making a lot of noise. First I had to figure out how to open the case. I ended up googling "how to open computer". Then I had to go to the local Walgreen's to get more canned air as the one I had on hand ran out. It's amazing how much dust accumulates in them. It's running quiet now and Bill is happy.
Still working on bears for upcoming shows. I am really pleased with the way these three turned out. They are "Faith, Hope & Love". Faith is done in ivory colored fur. I dyed cream colored fur teal and rose pink for the other two. I think I will put and individual price on each and a group price, if someone wants all three.
Now, I have to load some new software on my computer. I purchased Photoshop Elements from a fellow bear artist who decided not to use it. It will probably take me awhile to figure it out and I may have to take a class. I hope to make my graphics and photos more professional. We'll see...

2 comments:

ellifolks said...

Hi Nancy,
Well, please send us some of your 50º weather! Up in the Boston area we've been having bitter cold with a high of 18º yesterday. Maybe it would melt some of our snow too. :)

I love your new bears -- the colors are yummy and they have such endearing faces.

Ellen

Laura Lynn said...

LOL!!! We thought 18 degrees this week was a heat wave! But I understand :) I can't take your heat & humidity, that's for sure!

I know you have a lot on your plate already... but if you are interested...

Ginger tagged me to post 6 random things about myself and I wanted to know if you'd like to play ;) You can find out how to play here.