Friday, March 13, 2009

I got to meet a flickr buddy!!



I meant to post about this earlier...the days just fly by. One of my contacts on flickr and fellow blogger Vivian was in Florida for her grandma's 93 birthday. Luckily she was staying on Daytona Beach which is only about 40 minutes north of me. We arranged to meet for lunch last Friday. It was bike week in Daytona so there were motorcycles everywhere and most restaurants were crowded. We found a place called The Deck Down Under(because it sits under a bridge). We arrived a about a quarter to 12 noon and went right up to the counter and ordered a couple of burgers. By the time we sat down the line was out the door and remained so the whole 3 hours we were there. The tables were on a deck overlooking the Halifax Riveer. We had a wonderful time talking and getting to know each other. Viv and I had decided before hand to swap a couple of our creations. Viv made me an adorable pin keep with a pink teddy on top. I made a little kitten for her in memory of her Jasper that recently crossed the rainbow bridge. It was wonderful to see(in person) someone I have met on the internet.

1 comment:

customteddys said...

How very, very cool to be able to meet someone you know on-line, in person. It was probably as if you knew each other forever. Love it, Vicki