Monday, March 30, 2009

My first Elephant


Say hello to "Hettie". I have been wanting to design an elephant for a long time. This mohair has been hanging in my closet for a long time too. I fell in love with the material I used for her dress last week at the fabric store, found the vintage lace for her petticoat at an estate sale and suddenly on Saturday it all came together. The mohair is actually a little longer that what I had envisioned for my elephant but the color was so perfect. Hettie was actually my great grandmother's name(I got her middle name, Nancy). It just seemed like the right name for a little dusty pink ellie. Hettie will probably make an appearance in my etsy shop sometime this weekend.
Later today Bill has an appt at the VA clinic. That means a trip to Michael's craft store..YEAAA! It's a good 40 minute trip so I don't get to go often. It's almost like Christmas morning for me(no fun for Bill though).

1 comment:

Sarah Medina said...

She's so cute Nancy!!! I love elephants, but shes especially precious :)