Sunday, August 8, 2010

Rosalie gets a makeover



Been wanting to do this for a long time and this weekend seemed the perfect time to finally get to it. It was a cloudy and rainy weekend, an unusual occurrence here in sunny Florida.
Rosalie was created 2 1/2 years ago. I was never happy with the way she turned out and it was very obvious she needed a nose job. I think I have been doing needle felted noses for almost 3 years now. Something learned the hard way....you can make them bigger but you can't downsize them once they are big. This meant she needed a whole new head. She got new eyes too. Instead of the google eyes with black pupils and whites, I gave her black glass ones. Rosalie wanted to lose a little bulk, so I pulled out some of the fiber fill and replaced it with some plastic pellets...just a small amount...so she could be a little floppy. She looks and feels so much better!! Now she would like to travel to a new home. If this week isn't too busy she should show up in my etsy shop in the next few days.

Rosalie

3 comments:

Bearly Sane said...

Great before and after shots Nancy...I like the new look you have given Rosalie!
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane

Heather said...

Her makeover was lovely!!!

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

Oh I think she looks wonderful with the makeover. I have to say she did look pretty cute before too!