Sunday, May 27, 2012

Yard sale and estate finds


Hubby and I have always enjoyed yard and estate sales. Lately they have become a weekly adventure.  Many times we come home empty handed but we love the treasure hunt and time spent together. Even though this is a holiday weekend there were a number of both, estate and yard sales. Many times the estate sales items are unrealistically priced. I understand they are trying to make money for the estate but rusty screwdrivers are not worth $2 apiece. Of course, I'm not looking for rusty screwdrivers anyway. I'm looking for a sweet little treasure. The pink leather baby shoes were purchased at an estate sale. The wood doll house furniture, doll, and little metal train were purchased at a yard sale for 50 cents. I also picked up a great distressed leather jacket for 50 cents....maybe some aviator caps for some critters....
My preview piece for the Friend of Teddy show is finished and photographed. It took longer than expected but it is more detailed than anything I have made in quite awhile. The preview starts June 29 so you will have to wait another month to see it. Now, I am working on another critter for the show but really want to find the time to work on my little plastic bjd.

1 comment:

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

What wonderful finds.
I stopped going because I would come home with a bunch of stuff I didn't need.
But wow those shoes and especially the sweet little doll and furniture are the kind of things I need. Well not really, but want.