Sunday, November 16, 2008

Snow Fairy


This week my pretty pink Snow Fairy is on Bid 4 Bears. The really neat retro looking pink snowflake print was the inspiration for her. I'm sooo tickled with the way she turned out I don't think I'll mind if she doesn't sell. Her crown and wand are made with tinsel pipe cleaners. I think the "aluminum look" adds to the retro feel. The snowflake on the end of her wand came from the scrapbooking aisle at Target. It is the first time I have used "glitz" in needle felting. It wasn't easy-it's like working with very fine tinsel but I'm pleased with the iridescent effect of her nose.This mohair is one of my favorites-I wish it came in more colors. I have dyed the white several colors and have always been pleased with the results. Now it's back to sewing!

No comments: