Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Back on Track



I think everything is finally back to, at least, almost normal. Still getting used to windows 7 on the new computer but I have all of my regular programs back. The website has had some updating but needs a few more tweaks. Actually, I have finished 4 critters, 3 cats and a dog. The dog is a primitive style and I have been experimenting with painting on mohair to give it an aged look.
That's what I wanted this post to be about ...trying new patterns and techniques. After working with mohair and making my own patterns for 18 years I am finally feeling confident enough to try new things. They don't always turn out the way they are supposed to on the first try but it's a learning process. While drawing up the dress pattern for the new dog, I realized how easy it was. I used to refer to books and other patterns to figure out how to get the look I envisioned. I don't usually toot my own horn but I'm kind of proud of myself.
Well, I will be at the Greater Orlando Doll show in Maitland, FL on May 5. Coming in July, the Friends of Teddy online show at Teddies Worldwide. The creations will be critters other than Teddies. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

Both of these critters are so adorable. I love the doggie in the dress, and the shape of the kitty head is perfect, so whimsical. What fun you must have while working.