Thursday, February 5, 2009

No Nomination and other news


The nominations for the 2009 TOBY (Teddy Bear of the Year) awards by Teddy Bears and Friends magazine came out on Sat Jan 31. The competition is considered prestigious and entries come from all over the world. I entered once before when I first started making bears in the early 90's. I hadn't planned to enter this year but this little bear, Laurel, turned out better than expected. So I photographed her and mailed in my entry fee. I understand that good photographs are very important since the judges only see photos and not the actual entry. My photos were ok, but not super. Laurel was not nominated, but I have to say the bears that were are incredible. No sour grapes, but I don't think I can take the dissapointment again. I am happy with the feedback from others on flickr and the collectors that buy my creations. If Laurel doesn't sell at the Tampa show she will be available on bid4bears or etsy in March.

TBACA Valentine Show Sneak Peek

Remember the TBACA online Valentine show is next week. It starts at 5pm eastern time and runs 24hrs. This photo is a sneak peek of my creations that will be available at the show. Bookmark this http://www.teddybearsandcritters.com/bemyvalentineshowvenue.htm so you can check out the show.
Other news: Our Teddy Bears and Friends Etsy Team is being interviewed on Blog Talk Radio Saturday at 1pm eastern time. You can listen and learn more about our team by going to http://BlockheadRadioLive.com

No comments: