Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tampa Bear Show on Sunday



Sorry for not posting in so long. Most of last week and this week so far have been taken up getting ready for the show. Today I am packing, making sure all the critters have hang tags, and all supplies(bags, business cards, receipts) are ready. Details available here.
The Be My Valentine online show on TBACA went very well. Three of six bears of mine sold and more than $2700 was raised for Bobo. You can read more about Bobo here. The pair I made for Bobo's booth are still available. The photo is of Mr & Mrs B. More info later on upcoming shows and events at TBACA.
I am really looking forward to the Tampa show as it is the only "in the fur" show I attend. There are several good live show still happening all over but since I don't fly(even on an airplane) I can only attend the ones within driving distance.
I was very sad to receive an email yesterday that Bid 4 Bears is closing down. It was one of the main venues where I actually sold bears. My critters will still be available on etsy and my website. Ebay is still available, but I'm not sure I want to go there to sell. There are a number of Bear Artists that do well there. There are so many bears and other critters for sale that I'm afraid mine would get lost in the crowd.
In the last year and half, my style has really developed so that it is recognizable. I'll just keep plodding along, creating the critters that appear in my head.

No comments: