Monday, April 23, 2007

Beach Day


A beautiful day at the beach! Boy I needed that! Just a little less than 20 minutes from my home are several miles of beautiful natural beaches. They are part of a National Park wildlife preserve. The bonus is-from the beach you can see the launch pad for the space shuttle at Kennedy Space Center. On the way to the beach you can see many types of large birds as well as occasional gator.

I'm not sure why, but I am drawn to the beach. The smell of the ocean, the sound of the surf crashing on shore, the feel of the sun-all reach my soul. I didn't grow up near the ocean, although my mom grew up on the Maryland shore of the Chesapeake Bay. Still I am drawn to it and after a beach day I feel at peace and ready to face the world again.

Some feel that way on a mountain, some in a busy city, some in rolling farm land. Just make sure you get to your place every one in awhile.

No comments: