Sunday, April 22, 2007

Deja Vu Project




I'm not sure why I named this project Deja Vu. It was the first thing that came to my mind when I decided what I was going to do. At some point I thought I would call it something else, but I kept seeing deja vu. It turned up in books, tv, and newspaper so I stuck with it.


It was in response to a "Call for Creativity" in a magazine called Art Doll Quarterly. Using a bear pattern as a starting point add collage pieces, vintage items, or ephemera.


Deja Vu is a shadow box frame. The panda is the smallest bear I have made in mohair. I used sparse matted mohair for a vintage look. She is wearing a pink gingham dress(I struggled getting it to fit). The photos are of me around age three. I am dating myself because you can see the actual date on one of the photo edges. The panda is holding a carnival trinket I made for my dad. It is stamped "To Daddy from Nancy". Attached to the bow near the top is a locket I wore as a child. It is in the shape of a Bible and has photos of my mom and dad inside.


This was my first attempt at any kind of scrapbooking. I'm not sure if I am going to submit it to the magazine. They want the whole thing mailed to them not just a photo. I'm happy with the project anyway-it's a nice little memory box for me.


BTW-I started over on my website. Then I changed one page. I will do one at a time now!

No comments: