Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fay is Coming


I love living in Florida, but there is a price to pay for living in paradise. Although she is not a hurricane, tropical storm Fay is headed directly for us. We are expecting 4-8 inches of rain and 35 - 40 mph winds with higher gusts. We moved to Florida just in time for the hurricanes of 2004, so we have been thoroughly initiated. Bill is trying to get the water delivery route done today before the worst weather hits. The thing is, when there is a threat of hurricanes or storms the demand for water goes up. Many people are on well water which they won't be able to use if the power goes out.
I have tried to get all my computer work done this morning-in case we lose power. Hopefully, if we do, it won't be for long. In 2004 there were areas that were without power for weeks.
We are under a tornado watch because this type of tropical storm develops them with no warning. We are ready with flashlights, battery operated radio, water, and extra batteries. I have plenty of hand sewing to keep me busy. So we will hunker down and ride out the storm.
The photo is the pool and backyard this morning. We'll see what it looks like after the storm moves through. Hopefully, none of our big trees will come down.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'll be thinking of you and the critters! Stay dry!! And safe!!

BTW...I went snooping through your etsy page and have fallen in love with Bernadette Buttons! She's terrific!! I love all the buttons, and the material you choose to make the dress! She's so cute!!